demexp software use (was: Re: [Demexp-dev] Thoughts on voting machines)

From: David MENTRE
Subject: demexp software use (was: Re: [Demexp-dev] Thoughts on voting machines)
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 21:01:21 +0200

Brian Hurt <address@hidden> writes:

> This is an interesting and usefull project.  In many ways, more
> interesting and usefull than the voting machine project my earlier
> comments were aimed at.

Glad to here that. ;)

More seriously, the demexp program as itself, extracted from the
democratic experience project, could be used for other purposes (as you
said, communities, free software projects, etc.). That one of the
reasons I'm coding it.

Of course, we would be glad to accept patches that modify demexp for
other purpose (e.g. other voting algorithms than Cordorcet or disable
the delegation system) as long as such patches still allow us to use
demexp for the democratic experience project.

Yours,
d.
--
 David MENTRÉ <address@hidden>