Re: Target audience and security (was: Re: [Demexp-dev] Thoughts on voti

From: skaller
Subject: Re: Target audience and security (was: Re: [Demexp-dev] Thoughts on voting machines)
Date: 23 Sep 2004 01:31:44 +1000

On Wed, 2004-09-22 at 06:16, William Neumann wrote:
> On Sep 21, 2004, at 12:54 PM, David MENTRE wrote:

> There is another group out there (I'll be darned if I can remember
> their name, but I'll look through my notes) that is trying to use
> crypto to help foster free speech and the free exchange of ideas in
> less than free countries

I know of them too. Also can't remember who it was.
But I do remember some of the ideas. One is that information
is stored in such a way that even under torture, a person
can provide a password to encrypted information which is
actually a false key, and the torturers cannot know.

--
John Skaller, mailto:address@hidden
voice: 061-2-9660-0850,