Re: [Classpath] Re: Graphics2D using OpenGL ?

From: C. Scott Ananian
Subject: Re: [Classpath] Re: Graphics2D using OpenGL ?
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2002 19:10:10 -0500 (EST)

On 22 Dec 2002, Anthony Green wrote:

> On Sun, 2002-12-22 at 04:23, Artur Biesiadowski wrote:
> > Do you think it is a good idea ?
>
> It's a great idea.  Here is some evidence:
>
> http://www.cs.umd.edu/hcil/agile2d/index.shtml

Ah, we're talking about two different things.  I have implemented the
path-manipulation part of graphics2d; haven't touched the rendered.  It
does seem like building the rendere on opengl is a good idea.  But any
high-level api with a postscript-like path model would work.  Display
Postscript, even, which I believe is well-supported under XFree.
  --scott

planning cracking Chechnya Secretary Philadelphia atomic Yakima smuggle
terrorist Seattle FSF shotgun DC assassination politics corporate globalization
                         ( http://cscott.net/ )