Re: Graphics2D using OpenGL ?

From: Brian Jones
Subject: Re: Graphics2D using OpenGL ?
Date: 23 Dec 2002 10:59:08 -0500

Artur Biesiadowski <address@hidden> writes:

> Brian Jones wrote:
> > As this was a research project and is not intended to be supported or
> > developed further and is under the MPL 1.1, is it of any use other
> > than a proof of concept?
> >

> Even as proof of concept it is nice :)
>
> Once again - I'm not sure if starting from scratch is not easier,
> especially given the fact that jausoft opengl installation is not
> easiest thing to automate. I'm just asking if it is possible to just
> reuse it as external library.

I checked
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html#GPLCompatibleLicenses
and we would need to get them to specify another license which is GPL
compatible to also release the source under I think, which is
provisioned/allowed under their MPL 1.1.

The license on most of Mesa appears to be reasonable; the platform
support may be good as well.

Brian
--
Brian Jones <address@hidden>