certi-devel

Re: [certi-dev] CERTI Windows build

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] CERTI Windows build
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 20:02:39 +0200

2011/9/27 Jean-Philippe Lebel <address@hidden>:
> On 27/09/2011 10:44 AM, Jan-Patrick Osterloh wrote:
>
> Hi JPL,
>
> --- Quoted from Jean-Philippe Lebel (Date: 27.09.2011 16:02): ---
>
> I've tested #1  but symbols from the newly created static lib are not
> exported and a far as I know, there is no solution to that problem on
> Windows.
>
> And a dynamic library? For mingw it worked well. I attached the patch from
> Christoph to show you what he did.
>
> Would badly break the standard.

We should really try to avoid that.

> I've suggested that we use #3 but that we do not export symbol of
> VariableLengthData from either libfedtime1516 or librti1516. The circular
> dependencies is present in both Pitch and Mak implementation...
>
> ok, but I have no idea on how to do this, so if you can provide a patch, I'm
> willing to test it on mingw.
>
> No idea neither but I know this doable. I hope I'll have some time to dig a
> little deeper into that solution this week.

I let you guy work on this with pleasure.

Sometimes ago, I read that It could be possible to do this with a two
phases link
as explained here:
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/software/aspnet/30952908/how-to-create-a-lib-file-to-use-for-circular-dependencies.aspx
(one other ref is
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/362830/circular-dependencies-between-dlls-with-visual-studio)
but the idea just scares me...

I support you and I'll try to help, but unfortunately I won't have
time to dig into this with you for now.

--
Erk
http://www.april.org