certi-devel

Re: [certi-dev] Matlab Toolbox

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] Matlab Toolbox
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 19:27:48 +0200

2011/9/27 Jan-Patrick Osterloh <address@hidden>:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm currently trying to use the Matlab Toolbox.
>
> I tried to compile the Toolbox, but I get the following errors:
>
> mex -v -DRTI_USES_STD_FSTREAM -D_GNU_SOURCE -o rti.mexglx rti/rti.cpp -lRTI-NG
> Undefined subroutine &Win32::GetShortPathName called at
> /c/Programme/MATLAB/R2011a/bin/mex.pl line 127.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /c/Programme/MATLAB/R2011a/bin/mex.pl
> line 135.
> make: *** [rti.mexglx] Error 2
>

> I'm using mingw with gcc 4.5.0 on Windows XP with Matlab 2011a.
>

> Other questions I have:
> - Is there any documentation on how to use the toolbox?

You may find more information here:
http://www.mb.hs-wismar.de/~stenzel/software/MatlabHLA.html

> - I think the toolbox is implemented in HLA 1.3. Are there any plans to
> move to 1516? How much effort would this be?

I don't know may be you can contact Christian Stenzel who has "ported"
the toolbox to CERTI.
Christian used to be certi-devel subscriber so may he will step in and
say more about
the status of their MatlabHLA toolbox.

I'm not usually used to make advertisement for commercial products but since
ForwardSim seems to be willing to support CERTI as an exception I shall say that
they have some Matlab/HLA related products as well:
http://www.forwardsim.com/en/index.php.

I cannot recommend any of this since I'm not a Matlab user, at least
since 10 years :-]

--
Erk
http://www.april.org