certi-devel

Re: [certi-dev] CERTI Windows build

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] CERTI Windows build
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 18:35:30 +0200

2011/9/15 Jan-Patrick Osterloh <address@hidden>:
> Dear all,
>
> I tried to compile the current version of the CVS version of CERTI on
> windows with mingw. My plan is to setup a nightly build once it is
> working with a fresh checkout. I personally use a fixed version from
> Christoph Läsche.
>
> Right now, I have the following compile problems:

Jean Phillippe LEBEL from forward is interested in a working [out of
the box] windows build of CERTI.
May be with MSVC instead of mingw but, I think there are mostly common issues.

Please |re-]read this ML thread:
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/certi-devel/2011-09/msg00002.html

and bug/patched refered therein:
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/certi-devel/2011-09/msg00006.html

> Linking CXX shared library ../RTI-NGd.dll
> Info: resolving vtable for std::exception by linking to
[...]

> warning: auto-importing has been activated without --enable-auto-import
> specified on the command line.
> This should work unless it involves constant data structures referencing
> symbols from auto-imported DLLs.

what is the auto-import feature?

> CMakeFiles/RTI.dir/objects.a(RTIambPrivateRefs.obj):d:/home/patrick/eclipse/certi/certi2/libRTI/RTIambPrivateRefs.cc:773:
> undefined reference to `_imp___ZN10RTIfedTimeC1ERKd'
>
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[2]: *** [RTI-NGd.dll] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [libRTI/CMakeFiles/RTI.dir/all] Error 2
> make: *** [all] Error 2

libRTI-NG is missing symbols from libFedTime.

> What shall I do now? Do you have a patch for this (at least I remember
> something like a patch for FedTime??)?

Yes there is some:
https://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?7566
https://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?7569
https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?30003

but none of this was in satifactory state for being merged to HEAD.
I won't have much time for Windows testing but I would be pleased
to review windows relatred-patch and run non-regression tests on unix platform.

I'm sure we can end-up with something satisfactory for both Windows
and Linux (or other unices).
Once we are in that state we can setup systematic build
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/certi-devel/2008-10/msg00028.html
in order to avoid breaking the Windows build again.

--
Erk
http://www.april.org