bibledit-general

Re: [be] Bibledit-web not exporting (name resolution issue?)

From: Jonathan Marsden
Subject: Re: [be] Bibledit-web not exporting (name resolution issue?)
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 00:14:15 -0700

On 03/21/2012 11:21 PM, Oreo Warpok wrote:

> But I haven't configured anything about a host name! I just followed
> the standard installation procedure and all the subdirectories and
> names are set up by the install.

The error mesage says that the code is calling getaddrinfo().  That
turns names into addresses.  So either the name is hardcoded into the
bibledit-web code, or else in some way or other, knowingly or otherwise,
you supplied that name to the software.

I don't know bibledit-web well enough to provide further details,
hopefully Teus can comment further.

>> P.S. I suspect that error message could be a lot more useful if it
>> included the hostname being passed to getaddrinfo() but I don't
>> know how easy it is to get bibledit-web to do that.

Now you know why I feel having the hostname in the logged error message
would be helpful :)

Jonathan