bibledit-general

Re: [be] Bibledit-web not exporting (name resolution issue?)

From: Oreo Warpok
Subject: Re: [be] Bibledit-web not exporting (name resolution issue?)
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 13:21:06 +0700

But I haven't configured anything about a host name! I just followed the standard installation procedure and all the subdirectories and names are set up by the install.

Phil

On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 12:46 PM, Jonathan Marsden <address@hidden> wrote:
On 03/21/2012 03:18 PM, Oreo Warpok wrote:

> Only one error repeated: cannot connect to host php network:getaddress
> failed.

It looks like bibledit-web is having difficulty converting the host name
you have configured it to use (possibly localhost) into an IP address
(127.0.0.1 would be usual for localhost).

I'd recheck the exact host name provided, make sure it has no leading or
trailing spaces or other unwanted characters in it, etc.  You could also
check that the contents of /etc/hosts seem sane, and that "normal" name
resolution tools work, such as any of:

 dig localhost
 nslookup localhost
 host localhost

You might even find that things could work better configuring it to use
the actual local hostname as returned by the command

 hostname

instead of using localhost, although that would be unusual.

Hoping this at least gives you a direction to begin testing,

Jonathan

P.S. I suspect that error message could be a lot more useful if it
included the hostname being passed to getaddrinfo() but I don't know how
easy it is to get bibledit-web to do that.

--
Oreo Phil                 479-524-7005

      One King to rule them all, One Son to find them,
      One Blood to cleanse them all, And from the dark unbind them.