bibledit-general

Re: [be] Bibledit-web not exporting (name resolution issue?)

From: Jonathan Marsden
Subject: Re: [be] Bibledit-web not exporting (name resolution issue?)
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 21:42:17 -0700

On 03/22/2012 11:24 AM, Teus Benschop wrote:

> ... So it is trying to get the IP address of hostname "", which will
> fail.

Sounds to me like it should only poll if the hostname has been set, so
perhaps there is an if statement missing somewhere to test for this?
If the default hostname is an empty string, then the default should also
be not to poll that empty string for email.

> But the hostname for collecting email is unrelated to the problem
> that it does not export. The screendump of the logbook only gives the
> last entries of the log.

All the more reason not to log all those entries about getaddrinfo which
are not really likely to be useful.

A small patch to do this might help make the log more useful to Phil
(and perhaps others) by preventing all these unwanted errors about
failing to convert an empty string into an IP address :)

Is this worth looking at?

Jonathan