Re: [Axiom-developer] Fwd: [M#73697383] Re: Disk-quota Request

From: root
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Fwd: [M#73697383] Re: Disk-quota Request
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 22:35:02 -0400

> > But look at that file: src/input/mapleok.input.pamphlet
> > -rw-------   1 hemmecke hemmecke 234633 2006-09-13 10:03
> > mapleok.input.pamphlet
> >
> > Who is going to read that???
> >

> I think this is a good example of something that belongs elsewhere
> if we agree that the purpose of this archive is source code control.
> I think keeping these sorts of documents on the Axiom Wiki (or the
> Axiom Portal if it is personal research), makes better sense than
> mixing it into the source. I understand Tim's purpose in associating
> it with the "input" files since these are the closest thing that
> Axiom has to actual test files.

mapleok IS an input file. I just took the time to document the
expected results so you could tell if you got the right answer.
It is partially on the way to automating regression testing.

Testing files are clearly part of the source control pile.
Especially since they are run as part of the source code build.