Re: [Axiom-developer] Fwd: [M#73697383] Re: Disk-quota Request

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Fwd: [M#73697383] Re: Disk-quota Request
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 23:21:34 +0200

Hmmm, I must admit that they are right. We have lots of junk inside our repository. However, we cannot change the situation just by deleting the zips. And zips is only half of the story.

I have removed the .svn files from my Silver and run

cd Silver
du -k .|sort -n
[snip]
6248    ./src/interp
7496    ./src/hyper/viewports
8104    ./src/hyper/pages
9660    ./src/algebra
15844   ./src/share/algebra
15940   ./src/share
17664   ./src/doc/ps
18792   ./src/hyper
24532   ./src/doc
56544   ./zips
81052   ./src
138296  .

Since svn zips the files, the actual repository should fit into 100MB.

But look at that file: src/input/mapleok.input.pamphlet
-rw------- 1 hemmecke hemmecke 234633 2006-09-13 10:03 mapleok.input.pamphlet

Who is going to read that???

Has someone looked at the pictures in src/doc/ps ?
To me more than half of them look generated by Axiom, the rest is screenshots of HyperDoc. Both have terribly low resolution.

Ralf