[Axiom-developer] Fwd: [M#73697383] Re: Disk-quota Request

From: Alfredo Portes
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Fwd: [M#73697383] Re: Disk-quota Request
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 16:04:56 -0400

Tim, Bill, Gaby, Ralf:

I need some advice:

This is the response from Google to my request for more space:

You've certainly given us pause for discussion!  500MB or 1GB is a
*lot* of space, especially for what's supposed to be just source code.
We've been scratching our heads, wondering why your project needs so
much space.

Your project certainly looks mature and has a healthy community around
it, and we'd like to see it hosted at Google Code.  However, it also
looks like there's a lot of extra 'junk' in the repository... for
example, the zips/ directory contains dozens of releases(?) of the
same package?  (And even random odd Arch packages, like 'tla'?)

We'd like people to *not* use Subversion as a package-distribution
system, but as a source distribution system.  (We're working on
creating a dedicated 'downloads' feature right now, though!)  At the
moment, we'd be more comfortable giving you another 100MB of disk
quota... perhaps you could clean up your repository's history?  Trim
it down to just necessary source code, and move the release .zips
somewhere else for a while?