Re: [Axiom-developer] size issue with noweb

From: root
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] size issue with noweb
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 11:42:03 -0400

> In practical terms, beside just comments, do you need help on the
> code? I could give a try to a notangle in Common Lisp but you would be
> probably much more efficient than me (and the code would probably be
> cleaner :-) . However, I could try to write a noweb->new-latex-syntax
> filter in Python. What do you think of it?

until this massive project settles down i don't have the time to
undertake the project. at some point the little slices of noweb time
are eating away at my code-compile-check (CCC) loop. since this is the
main workday loop every second counts. at some point, probably when my
CCC loop hits 1 minute per change, it makes sense to stop real work,
code the lisp version of noweb, and then continue. since my
productivity is inversely related to the CCC time i need my CCC loop
to be instantaneous.

there is nothing like a large project to foster tool development :-)