Re: [Axiom-developer] size issue with noweb

From: Jean-Christophe Helary
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] size issue with noweb
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 17:40:54 +0900

Tim,

On a related note, I was wondering if such self documenting processes would not make the translation/localization a order of magnitude more difficult ?

I have not quit the idea of helping with localizing Axiom to French and I have been looking for ways to do that cleanly, but, just like for emacs I found the highest barrier to localization is the fact that the code and the documentation are pretty much one and the same in literate programming. Or Am I misunderstanding something ?

Regards,
Jean-Christophe Helary