Re: [Axiom-developer] size issue with noweb

From: Jay Belanger
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] size issue with noweb
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 08:55:25 -0500

root <address@hidden> writes:
> In particular, I'm beginning to think that we could use latex
> syntax for chunks as in:
>
> <<chunkname>>=
>   foo
> @
>
> becomes
>
> \begin{chunk}[chunkname]
>   foo
> \end{chunk}
>
> and
>
> <<chunkname>>
>
> becomes
>
> \chunk{chunkname}
>
> Code could still be extracted with a preprocessor but the
> latex piece would become native latex and could be formatted
> by standard latex with only a .sty file. This completely
> eliminates the need for noweave.
>
> Comments?

A while back, Dan Dill wrote TeX/Mathematica
(ftp://chem.bu.edu/pub/tex-mathematica-2.0), which does something
similar.  (I later hacked that into EMaxima.)  <<chunkname>> was still
<<chunkname>>, though.  I like \chunk{chunkname} better.
The notangle part of TeX/Mathematica was written in Elisp, though.

Jay