Re: [avr-gcc-list] ElfCoff Error parsing symbol

From: Marek Michalkiewicz
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] ElfCoff Error parsing symbol
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 15:33:06 +0200 (CEST)

>   The same happened to me when I tried elfcoff. Guess we'l have to wait for
> another release of elfcoff or accidentaly someone might become intersted in
> writing coff-avr bfd description file for gnu binutils...

Would be even better if Atmel becomes interested in adding ELF support
to AVR Studio.  Conversion between formats often loses information, so
native ELF support should solve most of the current problems.

ELF is an open standard, not specific to GCC or Linux, but also used
on most of the modern Unices.  I'm not sure where the specs are, but
I'm sure they must be publicly available somewhere...

Marek

avr-gcc-list at http://avr1.org