Re: [Adonthell-devel] New Windows test

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] New Windows test
Date: 10 Apr 2002 21:44:42 +0200

> I'll try it later on. Haven't yet managed to compile the stuff with
> cygwin, as I'm lacking a libSDL.a to link with, and making SDL fails.
> After configuring SDL, running make just produces a syntax error :(. But
> I'll look whether the binary windows version of SDL comes with the lib.
>
> Besides, it seems my cygwin installation isn't all that clean. I
> remember that after installing cygwin, I installed mingw32 over the
> stuff. So maybe that is what messes SDL compilation up ;).

Be sure to take the development package for mingw32 (there is one on
SDL's site, AFAIK), and use mingw32 instead of cygwin. Cygwin shouldn't
be use if you don't need it's huge library - and we don't. SDL should
also compile with mingw32, at least zlib will certainly! :)

I think your make error comes from a buggy or obsolete version of sed
that comes with Cygwin. Back in my Cygwin days I had the same problem, I
hope they fixed it with recent releases at least!

Alex.
--
http://www.gnurou.org