Re: [Adonthell-devel] Some map engine fresh meat!

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Some map engine fresh meat!
Date: 04 Apr 2002 20:19:43 +0200

FINALLY! I've found the correct display heuristics! Now there shouldn't be any display problem (including the shadow that was awfully handled). It should also be quite fast, even though nothing is optimized and there are only a few objects. Please have some tests! :)
> There must be a minor bug somewhere though. Two times I got stuck when
> trying to walk under a platform that was to low. I couldn't move in any
> direction. Instead I could jump onto the platform.
Um, yeah. I'm aware of this one. This is because the collision tests are performed during the move and instead of stopping you the nearest possible of the object you are colliding with, they put you back to your previous position, hence the lack of accuracy that sometimes raises this situation.
> When jumping while pressing an arrow key, the velocity in that direction
> should be increased, so that you can jump further.
Why not, but why though? You mean making the character going faster when he jumps?

> And when jumping next
> to a platform, perhaps the character should be able to grab the edge of
> the platform and draw himself onto that platform.
Not sure what you mean here. You mean climbing à la Tomb Raider? :)

Alex.
--
http://www.gnurou.org