ac-archive-maintainers

Re: Policy: Versioning Macros In The Archive

From: Peter Simons
Subject: Re: Policy: Versioning Macros In The Archive
Date: 27 Jan 2005 14:38:27 +0100

Tom Howard writes:

 > Sorry, it think I misunderstood you.

No problem, I'm sure I've misunderstood you too on the
occasion.

 > From what I understand now, a macro can have two
 > versions, the maintainers version, which goes in the
 > documentation section and an ac-archive version which is
 > specified with the @version tag. Is this correct?

Not quite. A macro in the archive does have _one_ version:
The date of its last modification in the archive. That's the
version the archive provides. What else you do in the
documentation or payload is your business, not the
archive's.

Peter