ac-archive-maintainers

Re: Policy: Versioning Macros In The Archive

From: Braden McDaniel
Subject: Re: Policy: Versioning Macros In The Archive
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 23:49:46 -0500

On Mon, 2005-01-24 at 19:39 +0100, Peter Simons wrote:
> Braden McDaniel writes:
>
>  >> The problem is that this additional information has no
>  >> relevance for the archive.
>
>  > Well, I'd argue that's not a release version number;
>  > that's a CVS version number. It was never a good idea to
>  > put that in @version for precisely the reasons you note,
>  > and I have not done that for quite some time. I have,
>  > however, included a release version number.
>
> Right, but that release information has no relevance for the
> archive. When someone else sends in a patch for your macro
> and we can't reach you to check back (that _has_ happened in
> the past), then we have no way of bumping that release
> version number of yours. So exactly did it say in the first
> place?

It was not my intent, in contributing my macros to the archive, to
contribute to a fork of them. You are, of course, entirely within your
rights to maintain such a fork. But I have no obligation to help you
with it.

--
Braden McDaniel                           e-mail: <address@hidden>
<http://endoframe.com>                    Jabber: <address@hidden>