Re: [Xlog-discussion] Cwdaemon

From: Ed
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] Cwdaemon
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 12:58:40 -0400

On 09/23/2013 11:40 AM, John wrote:
Still trying... on fresh cold boots the last two mornings, "ps -A" shows
no cwdaemon running. (Everybody probably knows this, but I had to try it
anyway: starting Xlog does not start cwdaemon.) I started cwdaemon  with
"sudo /usr/sbin ./cwdaemon". Another "ps -A" then shows it running.
Xlog's keyer continues not to function.

Below is my /etc/init.d/cwdaemon. Doesn't this specify what's set to run
at boot? It appears to run /etc/default/cwdaemon (although no changes
I've made there, like SPEED, seem to have any effect) and to start
/usr/sbin/cwdaemon. My parport0 is recognized and lp is not loaded. As
previously reported, /usr/share/cwdaemon/cwtest produces audible output
only at the "switch to soundcard" point.

Anyone see anything wrong here? Can anyone confirm that it's like theirs?

Mine is exactly the same. but you set it to start at boot in /etc/default.

# Start cwdaemon at boot? yes or no
START_CWDAEMON=yes

Ed W3NR