Re: [Xlog-discussion] View log without radio on?

From: Pierfrancesco Caci
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] View log without radio on?
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 22:35:43 +0200

    John> On 10/20/2011 05:08 PM, Pierfrancesco Caci wrote:
    John>                         "John" == John  <address@hidden> writes:

    John> Is there a way to view my Xlog log without having the transceiver
    John> turned on?

    John>     hamlib should timeout after a while, doesn't it for you?

    John> I guess not, Pierfrancesco. I've never heard of this timing out.

I normally use rpc.rigd, but I just tested by selecting K3 directly into
the hamlib configuration of xlog, and while it goes thinking about it
for a while, it finally says "An error occurred while opening port
/dev/ttyS0. Communication timed out". A similar error happens when
configured to use rpc.rigd and this one is not running. The timeout for
the direct serial access takes a bit longer, maybe 3 or 4 seconds from
when I press the icon on the panel to when the windows start to draw on
the desktop.

I'm using xlog 2.0.5

What version are you using?

--