web-hurd

Re: hurd and gnumach source code on hurd.gnu.org

From: Marcus Brinkmann
Subject: Re: hurd and gnumach source code on hurd.gnu.org
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 13:51:27 +0200

On Mon, Oct 22, 2001 at 03:50:41PM -0700, Ian Duggan wrote:
> I see. I thought that this might have been something we did specifically
> for the Hurd.

I don't remember if this was available at the time the other solution was
discussed.

> I will contact the Savannah people to see if they are interested in a
> more general solution,

Please do.

> It was pointed out that the GNU mirrors could only use
> static HTML. I chimed in that I could write a script to convert a site
> from a dynamic version to a prerendered static version. It took awhile,
> but I have it working here.

What we want to avoid are manual steps required to update it.  OTOH, if it
takes a huge amount of resources to run, we have to ask first and check that
there is enough CPU power and disk space.

> It seems that the web-hurd list has been fairly quiet lately, however.
> Who has access to the GNU/Hurd webpages and our materials on Savannah to
> install something like this?

Everybody listed as a member of the Hurd team on Savannah has access to CVS,
from web-hurd this should be at least Jeff and me.

> I will install an example of it on my own server so that people can see
> what we are talking about.

Yes, please do. Also give us an estimate of peak disk space consumed in the
generation and running time, and maybe memory consumption if it is
significant.

Thanks,
Marcus

--