viewmail-info

Re: [VM] Time to move to Mutt?

From: Robert Marshall
Subject: Re: [VM] Time to move to Mutt?
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2019 07:49:32 +0100

On Fri, Jul 19 2019, "John Stoffel" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Daniel> On July 19, 2019, John Stoffel wrote:
>>> I really just love the way VM works, but it's getting flakier and
>>> flakier as more an more email goes HTML based and it's just hard to
>>> handle at time.
>
> Daniel> What specific issues are you encountering?
>
> Well... it's a pain visiting IMAP vs plain folders, so now I have two
> sets of key bindings in message mode:
>
> v = visit folder
> i = visit IMAP folder
> w = save to IMAP folder
> s = save to folder
>
> which is just clunky.  HTML email is just painful, esp since I like to
> hit 't' to expose the message headers, but now that's broken for html
> emails unless I do Shift-d a few times to change the message
> decoding.

typing 't' just 'works for me but maybe that's because I'm using emacs'
shr as a text/html handler? (this seems to work well since I added the
code in my version)

On keybindings, I use

  (define-key vm-mode-map "Vi" 'vm-visit-imap-folder)
  (define-key vm-mode-map "I" 'vm-save-message-to-imap-folder)

but i suppose that muddles up vm-visit-imap-folder with the virtual
commands (which I rarely use), I might try
    (define-key map "I" vm-mode-imap-map)

and add a few things from there?

Robert
--