tlf-devel

Re: TLF-1.4.0 release

From: Thomas Beierlein
Subject: Re: TLF-1.4.0 release
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2019 20:16:24 +0100

Am Sat, 23 Nov 2019 18:30:01 -0600
schrieb Nate Bargmann <address@hidden>:

> * On 2019 23 Nov 08:14 -0600, Drew Arnett wrote:
> > Resize is fine, but please continue to support 80x25 long term.  I
> > don't see classic TUI losing value anytime soon.
>
> Do you mean that Tlf should enforce a minimum 80x25 terminal size as
> it has in the past?  Personally, I've no problem with that.

'Enforcing' is a little bit difficult as (as far as I know) we can not
force a minimum size on any xwindow. But I will leave the warning in
place that you should have at least 25 lines in your terminal.

> > What about a 2nd application, tlf-config or easy-tlf-config, which
> > would have the pulldown menus etc for setting up config files.  Keep
> > the pulldown menus out of tlf.  Once you add menus, you'll add a
> > bunch of hotkeys.  One of the nice things about TLF is that there
> > aren't a bunch of live keys, especially if run out of a console or
> > terminal rather than a windows manager.
>
> That's actually a very good idea, Drew.  If such a program were to
> gain good enough coverage then the :SET and :CFG commands could just
> call it instead of an editor.  As for hot keys, Tlf does have quite a
> few assigned already.

Ok, I really like these idea. I will add it as an alternative to
the ToDo entry for the configuration menu.

73, de Tom

--
"Do what is needful!"
Ursula LeGuin: Earthsea