tlf-devel

Re: TLF-1.4.0 release

From: Thomas Beierlein
Subject: Re: TLF-1.4.0 release
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2019 19:48:39 +0100

Hi all,

Am Thu, 14 Nov 2019 20:22:24 +0100
schrieb Csahok Zoltan <address@hidden>:

> Thanks, Tom!
>
> Now it's time for feature requests and bug reports. :-)

As the first feature request came in today by Joop let me start a
little list with things to do. Please feel free to add your ideas to
the list. We then sort out in which order and timeframe we can work on
it:

- Have a template for cabrillo file header  (Joop PG4I)

- Add a keyword to startup TLF in S&P mode (should be an easy one)

- switch between ESM and CT mode during contest (Nate N0NB)

- change internal QSO representation to structs (makes coding much
  simpler and will enable migration of log file to a different format
  later)

- Switch the logfile to a database. The actual TR-Log format has some
  limitations. Log as a database will enable easy statistics, make
  removal of QSOs easier and allows us to store more information about
  the contest. (Long term goal)

- Do a major rework of scoring of multis and points (That is already
  overdue for some time now). As contests developed in last years there
  are more and more complex scoring schemes. To code a special contest
  module for each contest will not be possible with our limited man
  power. So we need a flexible and programmable scoring which will
  allow us to handle most of the contests by a rule file.
  I fear it will break compatibility with existing TLF rules completely
  and would sure be a major version bump to TLF-2.0 or similar.

Thats for a start. Any additions?

73, de Tom DL1JBE

--
"Do what is needful!"