[Texmacs-dev] Re: improved Reduce interface

From: Andreas Seidl
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Re: improved Reduce interface
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 10:45:19 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005, Andrey G. Grozin wrote:

OK, I've done what you suggested, and the interface works with this
tmprint.b.

Thanks a lot for trying this out. I have three Reduce installations sitting around, but strangely none of them 3.8 under Linux with Texmacs (I will have such a setting next week, hopefully). This binary is compiled from the tmprint.red which you have.

redfront cannot be the source of difficulties: of course, I disabled it in
tm_reduce. My current tm_reduce is

#!/bin/sh -f
export TEXMACS_REDUCE_PATH="$TEXMACS_PATH/plugins/reduce"

This stuff does not belong in the tm_reduce skript, but in the startup skript:

export reduce=/opt/reduce
export MACHINE=linux
export lisp=psl
export gnuplot=$reduce/wutil/$MACHINE
exec $reduce/lisp/psl/$MACHINE/psl/bpsl -td 128000000 -f
$reduce/lisp/psl/$MACHINE/red/reduce.img

So, to sum things up, things are more complicated than I thought. I will have to give more instructions to the user, and the user will have to do some tweaking.

Best Regards,
Andreas
--
http://www.fmi.uni-passau.de/~seidl