Re: [Texmacs-dev] Re: improved Reduce interface

From: Andreas Seidl
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Re: improved Reduce interface
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 11:25:00 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005, Andrey G. Grozin wrote:

Of course you are right. But I know no way to disable redfront using
*only* scripts supplied with the Reduce distribution. Also, I know no way
to find out where Reduce is installed (except ugly hacks like
grep -f 'set reduce' `which reduce`
)

To my knowledge, if Reduce is properly installed, then the reduce environment variable should be set in your profile, and the other variables should be set in your reduce startup script. This is the startup script for 3.8 that I have on a solaris machine:

----- start -----
#!/bin/csh -f
# Script to load PSL REDUCE. It should be installed in /usr/local/bin,
# somewhere in your search path.

if ("`env | grep '^reduce'`" == "" ) then
setenv reduce /private/packages/scientific/reduce3.8
endif

setenv MACHINE solaris
setenv lisp psl
setenv gnuplot $reduce/wutil/$MACHINE
setenv GNUPLOT_DRIVER_DIR $reduce/wutil/$MACHINE

if ( (-e $reduce/redfront/redfront) && (`$reduce/util/isatty` != "0") ) then
        $reduce/redfront/redfront
else $reduce/lisp/psl/$MACHINE/psl/bpsl -td 16000000 \
      -f $reduce/lisp/psl/$MACHINE/red/reduce.img
endif

Redfront should be disabled here in the if expression, if $TEXMACS_REDUCE_PATH is set.

Best Regards,
Andreas
--
http://www.fmi.uni-passau.de/~seidl