[Texmacs-dev] improved Reduce interface, needs GO

From: Andreas Seidl
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] improved Reduce interface, needs GO
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 22:40:43 +0100 (CET)

Based on the interface of Andrey Grozin we have developed an improved version in Passau:

- it is not necessary to patch Reduce any more

- we don't need a C-program reduce_filter any more

- some problems were resolved

- as a package TMPRINT it is now part of the Reduce development version and will be included into future releases

- Future releases of Reduce will most likely be "TeXmacs-ready", i.e. they will detect automatically, if called by TeXmacs and load TMPRINT in this case.

There are some changes necessary to TeXmacs's src/plugins/reduce/ directory:

bin/tm_reduce: the "| reduce_filter" part can be removed
bin/reduce_setup: this script can be removed
install/patch: this patch can be removed
install/README: has to be rewritten
install/reducerc: has to be changed install/tmprint.red: has to be added
src/reduce_filter.c: can be removed
Makefile: can be removed

@Joris: I'm prepared to make these changes, as soon as I have your GO

Andreas.