.bashrc, warning

From: Pietro Terna
Subject: .bashrc, warning
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 18:56:33 +0200

        Hi all,

        a warning that may be interesting for cygwin users.

To run Swarm from Cygwin bash shell we had to include in our home a file like that reported below.

With recent Cygwin releases (I have found the problem dowloading the files related to 1.3.12.2 cigwin1.dll version), the bash shell ignores .bashrc file at start up.

        Solution: simply rename the file, e.g.

mv .bashrc .bash_profile

        Pietro

$ cat .bashrc
#!/bin/bash
export SWARMHOME=/Swarm-2.2
PATH=$SWARMHOME/bin:$PATH
export PATH
export LESSCHARSET=latin1
export TMPDIR=/tmp

alias ls='ls --color=auto'

cd

---
The world is full of interesting problems to be solved!
Home page http://web.econ.unito.it/terna