CGI script to maintain bibliographies. Care to test?

From: Paul Johnson
Subject: CGI script to maintain bibliographies. Care to test?
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 00:48:50 -0500

For the Swarm member pages (http://www.ku.edu/~pauljohn/sdg/member_pages/), we discussed the idea of a structured bibliography that users could access. I did not find a working ready-made setup for this, but I found a project called OBAS (http://users.iafrica.com/i/iw/iworks/obas) which was a pretty good start. My efforts to contact that author have failed. He appears to have walked away from it in 1999 or so. He has some nifty javascript tricks that I would not have known about, but I've had to redo much of the Perl guts to make this more multi-purpose.

I've worked just about full time this week to make this run, be extensible, more secure, etc. It requires a lot of trial an error.

Now it runs, and I need some of you to go there and insert some phony references, modify them, delete them, to see if you can break this thing.

http://www.ku.edu/~pauljohn/obas/obas/

I already know it has poor validation on the input of information. It will let you type in really really long strings, but that does not make the data input into MySQL crash. In my other dbase projects in mSQL, the dbase does crash when you do that, but MySQL seems to just take as much as it has room for without an error message.

Send Comments directly to me at address@hidden, not to swarm-support.