Re: Swarm and C++ model

From: M Lang / S Railsback
Subject: Re: Swarm and C++ model
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 20:41:22 -0600

Richard Leow wrote:

> Swarm Suppport:
>
> I want to write some model using C++ and
> run it under Swarm environment. I wonder if
> you could help me on following questions:
>
> 1.  Can I write my model in C++ (OR C++ objects)
>     and run it under Swarm environment?
>     (If I compiled my prog.cc prgm into an
>      object code file, ie, prgm.o)
>
>     If yes, how can I do it.
>
> 2.  Is there an Object-C(Swarm)/C++ interface available?
>     Is it hard to write one?

I recently asked your second question and the answer seemed to be: Most
of the work has been done for making the Swarm ObjC libraries available
to C++ code, but funding ran out before it could be cleaned up and
distributed. So it is kind of waiting for someone with the interest, and
skills or funding, to complete.

If someone more intimate with the code can address your first question
and possibly elaborate on my answer, that would be good.

Steve

--
address@hidden
Lang, Railsback & Assoc.