Re: screenshots note

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: screenshots note
Date: 22 Jun 2001 09:57:46 -0600

PJ> I don't think this problem is going to get better.  Maybe somebody
PJ> will volunteer to dig into the window manager problems, but we did
PJ> that a while ago and the lack of an accept terminology is really
PJ> the problem.

Later, the GNOME people invented an API for managing the positions and
sizes of windows across desktops, but as to the extent the modern
window managers actually implement it, I don't know...  I suspect it
is a major rathole.  It would make more sense to investigate having double
buffered Rasters, IMO.