Re: Replicator script (was Re: run with random seed?

From: Sven N. Thommesen
Subject: Re: Replicator script (was Re: run with random seed?
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2001 12:53:43 -0500

At 10:35 AM 6/17/01, Paul Johnson wrote:
"Marcus G. Daniels" wrote:

> KG> -s, --varyseed      Run with a random seed
>
> KG> May I take this to mean that the time is used as the random seed?
>
> The `seconds since 1970' * the current process id is used as the random seed.

Speaking of -s, I've recently started to wish there were two more
default command line flags in Swarm programs to ease the replication of
simulations.  I would like a standard -S to specify a seed value and -R
to indicate run number.  Here's why.

I seem to recall that my custom Arguments class from a couple of years ago allowed you to add those things easily. We can check to see if it's still compatible with the latest incarnation of Swarm.

Sven