Re: swarm-2001-01-10

From: Darren Schreiber
Subject: Re: swarm-2001-01-10
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 13:02:59 -0800

Thank you for doing this. I managed to botch my Linux PPC install last year by screwing up the compiler in an attempt to enable me to use gdb correctly. Could you spell out what you did to get the compiler in line? I know that part of my problem was that Linux PPC 1999 comes with egcs instead of gcc. But, a printout of the commands you used to bring LinuxPPC 1999 into a state where I can use the snapshot would be great.

As one of the many mac users here, I appreciate your work! Last night I was resorting to Virtual PC again to scratch out some code ideas -- ouch.

        Darren

At 12:40 PM -0800 1/14/01, Marcus G. Daniels wrote:

JM> I'am still trying to compile the snapshot in a ppc running
JM> linuxppc 2000 without success...

This snapshot below compiles for me on linuxppc:

  ftp://ftp.swarm.org/pub/swarm/src/testing/swarm-2001-01-13.tar.gz

Here are the PPC RPMs, but I should say they weren't built using a stock
linuxppc 2000 install.  The RPMs were built on an older linuxppc 1999
system on which I upgraded the compiler toolchain, so ymmv.

  ftp://ftp.swarm.org/pub/swarm/binaries/redhat/ppc/snapshots

[Unfortunately, It's pretty difficult for me to make these since the
Mac I have access to is slow and has limited disk space.]

                 Darren Schreiber
                  Attorney at Law
                 Graduate Student
             Political Science, UCLA