Re: Evo - Cyg_install

From: Michael Krumpus
Subject: Re: Evo - Cyg_install
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2000 14:38:32 -0600 (CST)

Thanks for answering the question for Carl, Marcus.  I spoke to Carl
privately over email about the problem without realizing that he had
posted the question to the mailing list.  I didn't intend to support
the 'make install' functionality in the Evo makefiles -- 'configure;
make' should be all you need to do.  In the INSTALL file, I wrote:

"  These installation instructions are based off of the generic
instructions provided with automake.

   The rest of this file consists of the generic installation
instructions provided when using automake.  Some of the features
described below may not be available with Evo."

In the next release I'll be more specific about the 'install' option
not being needed (or supported).  Or maybe I'll decide to support it.

Has anyone else on this list tried to build and use Evo?  I would love
some feedback.  Evo is available at
http://www.omicrongroup.org/evo
Evo is a artificial life framework built on top of Swarm.  The
framework is extensively documented and I would love it if people took
a look at the overview document to see what Evo is all about.  The
overview is at
http://www.omicrongroup.org/evo/overview/html/overview.html

I announced Evo 1.0.0 back in April, but spent most of this year
building a house and having a baby (well, my wife had the baby).  Now
I finally have some time to work on Evo some more.  Take a look!

Marcus, can I get a link to Evo on the Swarm web site?

--
Michael Krumpus
address@hidden