Re: installation problems on sun network

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: installation problems on sun network
Date: 28 Apr 1999 09:52:57 -0700

PB> Undefined first referenced symbol in file objc_free
PB> /auto/d2/gnu/lib/libtclobjc.a(tclObjc.o) objc_malloc
PB> /auto/d2/gnu/lib/libtclobjc.a(tclObjc.o) ld: fatal: Symbol
PB> referencing errors. No output written to heatbugs

PB> I am using the newest version of libtclobjc.a that I could find.

libtclobjc.a is now a part of Swarm; there's no need to install it.
[It is strange that it is picking it up.  The first `-L' in your link
should be $SWARMHOME/lib.]

Anyway, what I think is happening here is that objc_malloc is provided
with gcc-2.8 and up (including egcs), and your build of libtclobjc was
apparently done with it.  The Swarm build was probably done with 2.7.2
which doesn't provide the objc_malloc as a part of its runtime.