Re: Generating documentation from source code

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: Generating documentation from source code
Date: 13 Apr 1999 09:36:19 -0700

SL> The documentation on the web seems to have been generated, at
SL> least in part, directly from comments in the Swarm header
SL> files. Is this the case, and if so is the tool that was used
SL> publicly available?

Yeah, that's how it works.  It's consists of several components: an
elisp program to parse the protocol files, elisp to generate DocBook
SGML, and Scheme code, a.k.a. DSSSL to describe the transformation
between the abstract SGML documentation to various presentations
(HTML, TeX, RTF).

The (custom) parsing code is for parsing Objective C method, variable,
function, typedefs, and macro declarations using our literate
programming tagging conventions.  It might be useful as a tool for
describing large Swarm models if it was repackaged a bit, though.

This stuff is in swarmdocs-1.4.1.tar.gz.