Re: questions about Discrete2d objects

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: questions about Discrete2d objects
Date: 13 Apr 1999 09:54:44 -0700

TP> I mean, one cannot put an object and a value at the
TP> same (x,y) coordinate, because they overwrite each other. Is it
TP> this way?

Yes.

TP> Is there a way to store objects in, for example, a Ca2d lattice,
TP> give them a message that returns a value, and have that value
TP> displayed by Object2dDisplay?

Note that Ca2d doesn't really do anything by itself -- you need to implement
-initializeLattice and -stepRule.  Provided you do this in such a way
that the Discrete2d usages are object and not value based, and
provided that you use the display method to get the value, it
should work.

Note you can't use the Diffuse2d (Ca2d) interface in this way, since
it is expects to find values in the lattice.