Re: updating to 1.4

From: Tamas Papp
Subject: Re: updating to 1.4
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 1999 13:19:01 -0600 (MDT)

On Fri, 9 Apr 1999, xueyue wrote:

> I was not able to update the libpng. However, when I installed
> libpng-devel-...., I can compile it. New problems arises:
> segment faults when run it.
> I know segment faults can mean anything. I just report this to those
> interested.
> Cheers!
>
> Xueyue

I installed swarm two days ago, and I subscribed to this list today. I'm
using debian 2.1 and the swarm deb packages. I tried to compile a few of
the simulation programs from ftp.santafe.edu (eg. Heatbugs and others) but
they give me the same error message, and in addition a lot of ld error
messages, like "__objc... not found". I can send them to this list if
they're important. I'm using gcc, and I have tried egcc too, but it's the
same. In addition, all the programs I compile segfault and dump the core.

Could anybody help me? Should I send the exact error message to the list?
Is there anybody else here using swarm on Debian? If so, could they send
me the output of a dpkg -l, to see if I have the right packages?

Regards,

Tamas