Re: Graphics/control panel problems

From: Martina Schretzenmayr
Subject: Re: Graphics/control panel problems
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 1997 15:20:06 +0200

>Tony Bigbee wrote:
>> Secondly, in the simpleObserverBug tutorial app, I only see two colors
>> displayed (the black and the red food) and don't see the bugs.  The bugs
>> should be green, right?
>>
>> >From ObserverSwarm.m
>>
>>   [colorMap setColor: 2 ToName: "green"];
>>
>> >From Bug.m
>>
>>  [r drawPointX: xPos Y: yPos Color: 3];
>
>Ok, I fixed this problem by changing the color to 2, but the problem of
>changing parameters in the control panels remains.  And, probing the
>bugs with a mouse clicks does nothing.
>
>Tony

I wondered about this "probing the bugs with a mouse clicks" too. As I
noticed by reading the code, there are no parameters behind X: and Y:.

[worldRaster setButton: ButtonRight Client: heatbugDisplay Message:
M(makeProbeAtX:Y:)];

Think that's the Problem. I would be very interested if this control panel
would enable the user to set single heatbugs by mouse click. For my own app
I would need such a function. Maybe someone has a solution or an answer.

Thanks,

Martina Schretzenmayr

Martina Schretzenmayr
Dipl.-Geogr.
Raumplanerin ETH/NDS
Institut fuer Orts-, Regional und Landesplanung (ORL-Institut)/
Institute for Local, Regional and National Planning
Eidgenoessische Technische Hochschule Zuerich /
Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich
ETH Hoenggerberg HIL H 41.3
CH - 8093 Zuerich

Tel.: ++41 - 1 - 633 29 47
Fax:  ++41 - 1 - 633 10 98