More questions about AIX

From: glen e. p. ropella
Subject: More questions about AIX
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 1997 15:51:24 -0600

Benedikt Stefansson writes:
 > > Does Swarm use nested functions?  I know that there are problems with
 > > nested
 > > functions on AIX as we had to remove them from the GNUstep Base Library for
 > > one of our customers.  GCC requires some patches, but once they are applied
 > > everything seems to work fine.
 >
 > Maybe Glen or somebody could tell us if this might still pose problems
 > with Swarm on AIX.
 >
 > Also Scott, I have to admit that I don't have a clue what 'nested
 > functions' are in this context. Maybe you could explain it in a little
 > more detail?

No such luck, Benedikt! [grin]  I'd like to know what "nested functions"
means, as well.  The last thing I heard was:

http://www.santafe.edu/projects/swarm/archive/list-archive.9609/0005.html

where Scott announces that fixes were made to ObjC for PPC; but, that
the AIX platform hadn't been tested.  We're still waiting for some
happy soul with an AIX to test Swarm!

glen