Re: ObjectLoader & batch processing

From: Sven Thommesen
Subject: Re: ObjectLoader & batch processing
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 1996 14:37:28 -0600

At 02:19 PM 10/28/96 -0700, Manor Askenazi wrote:

>Hi Sven,
>
>ObjectLoader and ObjectSaver are meant simply to act as a proxy
>to the user's typing things in the Probe Windows -> for a solution
>to the thousand run issue, check out Ted's (address@hidden)
>approach... I guess ObjectLoader/Saver should really be named
>ProbeLoader/Saver since they are really meant to be used in batch
>mode to replace Probes.
>
>Both the probe machinery and the ObjectLoader/Saver, deal with easily
>displayable types, so no, there is no way to dig out aStruct->aVar,
>unless of course you just redefine aVar to be its own variable or
>keep aCopyVar guaranteed to contain the right thing.
>
>M.

Boy, that was a bummer.

Well, on to the next question: do you see it as a reasonable thing to do (or
even a possible thing to do) to allow the Swarm app to execute  a number of
runs itself (resetting simTime to 0, killing and re-generating swarms &
objects, etc between runs), or is it preferable to do it Ted's way with a
script external to Swarm invoking the app a number of times with different
parameters?

-S.