Re: Drone (was Re: ObjectLoader & batch processing)

From: Sven Thommesen
Subject: Re: Drone (was Re: ObjectLoader & batch processing)
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 1996 14:31:19 -0600

At 06:39 PM 10/28/96 -0500, Theodore C. Belding wrote:

>programs as possible. (There's nothing in Drone that is Swarm-specific.)
>And we still need a good convention for passing command-line arguments to
>Swarm applications.

Ted,

for my own use I had in mind defining a 'parameter' object containing as
data a set of parameters for one run of my application, and using the
ObjectLoader to read an instance in from disk. The parameter object could
then distribute the relevant parameters to their target agents/swarms
internally to the application during the object creation phase.

Left for Drone to do would be generating a different parameter set disk file
for each run, and to invoke the application. No command line parameters needed.

Does this sound reasonable to you, and would Drone handle such a scenario?

--Sven