Handling function pointers to Swarms and schedules

From: J.J. Merelo Guervos
Subject: Handling function pointers to Swarms and schedules
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 96 10:14:53 +0100

Hi,
        A coupla questions, related to the GA swarm library.
1. I am using function pointers to handle the GA population the
fitness function, so I need to pass function pointers down the Swarm
hierarchy from ObserverSwarms to PopulationModelSwarms. However,
PopulationModelSwarms are created in a step from within Observer
swarms, and I would need to do something like
PMSwarm createBegin
PMSwarm setEvalfunc...
PMSwarm createEnd

I dunno how to do this. The general question would be: if ModelSwarms
need parameters for creation, how should this be done?

I know this is not very object-oriented.. maybe I should create an
"Evaluation Agent", and pass it to the ModelSwarm... ah well

2. Should a swarm schedule actions to itself, something like

 [modelActions createActionTo: self message: M(evaluate)];

?

See ya!

                                JJ