making neuro demos

From: Paul W. Box
Subject: making neuro demos
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 1996 00:41:36 -0400

Hello group

After several months of playing around with swarm, I have finally
decided to start trying things with the neural net library.  As a first
step in familiarizing myself with them, I tried to make the demo as per
the instructions in the documentation.

After untarring the neuro directory in swarm/src, I added the
appropriate directory names in the relevant Makefiles, and rebuilt swarm
by typing 'make' in swarms main directory.

The libraries compiled and installed fine, but when I tried to make the
demos, I got the fillowing results:

address@hidden:/proj/swarm/src/neuro>make demo
gcc -c -g -Wall -Wno-import -I/proj/swarm/include -I/usr/include/tcl
SOMdemo.m
SOMdemo.m: In function `main':
SOMdemo.m:83: `simControl' undeclared (first use this function)
SOMdemo.m:83: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
SOMdemo.m:83: for each function it appears in.)
SOMdemo.m: In function `doForm':
SOMdemo.m:120: `SimParameters' undeclared (first use this function)
SOMdemo.m:120: `simParameters' undeclared (first use this function)
SOMdemo.m:120: warning: statement with no effect
SOMdemo.m:121: `Parameter' undeclared (first use this function)
SOMdemo.m:121: parse error before `p'
SOMdemo.m:132: `p' undeclared (first use this function)
SOMdemo.m:136: `simControl' undeclared (first use this function)
make: *** [SOMdemo.o] Error 1
address@hidden:/proj/swarm/src/neuro>

Is this a simple case of some wrong files being distributed in the demo,
or is there a problem with my installation? I couldn't find any
references to SimParameters in the OOBR in emacs, and the only
references I found to the function using 'grep' was in the *demo.m in
the neuro directory.

I appreciate any help in this matter.
--
/*  Paul Box                      |        Cogito ergo                */