Re: [Speechd] Speech-dispatcher kde gui

From: Storm Dragon
Subject: Re: [Speechd] Speech-dispatcher kde gui
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2019 19:47:26 -0400

Howdy,

I really like being able to edit speech-dispatcher's settings by hand. The
current setup, with a config file, is nice for that. One thing I do wish though
is that it would use a standard settings layout like ini or yaml.

One thing I would really like for speech-dispatcher is the ability to set
profiles for it. For example, I could create a screenreader profile, then point
Orca to that profile, and then poing Fenrir to the same profile, and both
screen readers would use my desired module, with rate, pitch, etc already set
up. Multiple profiles would be great, because I might have a screen reader
profile, a notifications profile for apps that read things automatically using
speech-dispatcher, and an audiogames profile. Each of these could have
different modules with different rates etc.

Thanks,
Storm