sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] FHS patch

From: Roman Pavlik
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] FHS patch
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 06:38:41 +0100

On Sun, Dec 07, 2003 at 04:50:32PM -0500, Yaron M. Minsky wrote:
> Roman, do you think you could come up with a full list of suggested
> paths for the various file locations?

Sure. First I have to say, that I have nothing against FHS. To create
FHS compliant scheme we also need a tool that will control where the
sks files will be install. Such tools of course exists, but is
target-OS specific. I mean rpm for Read Hat, packages for *BSD, etc.

So, to create FHS compilant scheme is task for guys which will port
sks on specific OS.

For "generic" version of SKS, I suggest to have all sks files in one
subdirectory (/usr/local/sks). I will compare my suggestion with
PKSD scheme:

                       PKSD                       SKS
PREFIX                 /usr/local/pksd            /usr/local/sks
database               var/db                     var/db
incoming mail          var/incoming               --
dead mails             ??                         var/failed_msg
logs                   var/log                    var/log
sockets                var                        --
binaries               bin                        bin
configuration          etc                        etc
man pages              man                        man
locale                 share                      share

Optionaly:
backup                 var/backup                 var/backup
cvs                    cvs                        cvs

I hope I don't forget anything.

I suggest to use scheme for "generic" version (/usr/local/sks/...), but
with task to port sks on specific OS in mind.

Regards,
--
Roman Pavlik