sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] FHS patch

From: Fabio Massimo Di Nitto
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] FHS patch
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2003 08:49:56 +0100 (CET)

Hi Roman,

On Sun, 7 Dec 2003, Roman Pavlik wrote:

> > On Sat, 6 Dec 2003, Fabio Massimo Di Nitto wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Yaron,
> > >   sad to see that savannah is still down. Together with Peter, I
> > > prepared a patch for sks to "move" files around in a more FHS compliant
> > > scheme.
> >
> > Forgot to add a few notes:
> >
> > sks should be installed in /usr/bin/
> > sks_add_mail in /usr/lib/sks/
> > sks_build.sh in /usr/share/sks/
> >

> I'm afraid that this is not very common on *BSD systems. I prefer more
> compact form:
>
>    /usr/local/sks/bin
>    /usr/local/sks/lib
>    /usr/local/sks/share
>    ...etc

Perhaps the easiest way is to have the PREFIX configurable, maybe
adjusting the meaning of the acutal basedir but the way you describe it is
not FHS compliant [1]. I fully agree with you that it should be possible
to use /usr/local.

Fabio

[1] http://www.pathname.com/fhs/2.2/fhs-4.9.html#FN23

--
Our mission: make IPv6 the default IP protocol
"We are on a mission from God" - Elwood Blues

http://www.itojun.org/paper/itojun-nanog-200210-ipv6isp/mgp00004.html